Thursday, April 26, 2007

Profile Topic

For my profile, I have decided to stick with my original idea. During my freshmen Seminar class, I interviewed the father of two of my friends who is responsible for essentially rebuilding downtown Flint. The interview was very interesting and allowed me to see a different side of the rebuilding effort than I had read in the local newspapers. I enjoyed doing the interview and I have been following along on the project's progress for the last few years. However, a large number of new issues have risen lately, and I was actually thinking of giving my friends' dad a call before I graduated to see what he thought of it all.

Therefore, this paper will allow me to get an update on the progress made and to see what he thinks of the recent changes. Since the assignment is more of a profile on an interesting person, I also decided to focus more on his own story and motivations than on the actual business plan. I'm most interested to hear his reasons for staying around Flint (when he could have left and possible been more successful elsewhere) and for his current interest in helping the downtown area be rebuilt, when so many other efforts have failed in the past. Should be interesting!

No comments: